The bins will be installed on Sachsenbrücke, on Anton-Bruckner-Allee and at the music pavilion in Clara-Zetkin Park, on Paul-Gerhardt-Weg in Johanna Park and on Leibnitzweg in Rosental.
"The barbecue ash bins are fixed to the ground and will prevent fire damage. The embers can cool down safely," explains Thomas Kretzschmar, Senior Operations Manager of Eigenbetrieb Stadtreinigung Leipzig.
Please consider the following so nothing gets in the way of barbecuing fun:
- Use the City of Leipzig's public barbecue areas which are equipped with seating, stone barbecues and campfire area.
- If there is not a barbecue area nearby, you should look for a flat site for the barbecue in the public parks. Barbecues that rest directly on the ground and damage the turf must not be used. Disposable barbecues should not be placed on grass as they cause burn marks.
- Barbecues must be kept a suitable distance from trees and bushes and green spaces should not be damaged or made dirty.
- Your barbecue must be supervised at all times. This means that you should monitor the fire constantly and keep extinguishers at hand.
- Once your barbecuing fun is over, the area must be cleaned and left in a tidy state.
- Waste should be disposed of in the bins provided. If these are not sufficient, you should dispose of waste in your bins at home.